After one of the coldest winters in decades, many people are looking forward to warmer months ahead. Rising temperatures might be a welcome change, but rising energy bill costs aren’t! Many people assume high utility bills are only common during the cold winter months, but spring and summer months can be costly when it comes to your monthly household budget. Weatherproofing your home isn’t just for winter – a few easy fixes and actions on your part could lead to big savings in the summer, too!
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, these simple tips could lower your home cooling bill and lead to some big savings:
- Use your windows to gain cool air and keep out heat: open windows at night and then shut them in the morning to close in the cool air. Use window treatments to block out sun and keep your house cool.
- Operate your thermostat efficiently: get a programmable thermostat and keep it turned up while you’re away.
- Use fans and ventilation strategies to circulate cool air: Use ceiling fans and other forms of spot ventilation – like in laundry rooms and bathrooms – to push warm air out of the house.
- Keep your cooling system running efficiently: schedule regular maintenance for your air conditioning unit and keep your air registers free of dust and obstructions like furniture.
- Don’t heat your home with appliances and lighting: keep lights off and cook outside on the grill to avoid turning on the oven or stove on really hot days. Use energy efficient bulbs and only run appliances like dryers and dishwashers with full loads.
- Keep hot air from leaking into your home: consider more energy efficient windows or use caulk and weather stripping to seal up leaks.
- Turn down the thermostat on your water heater: turn it to the warm setting – 120 degrees.
Tags: budget, energy savings, Primerica, summer, Tips, utilities
Posted in Primerica, Tips |
For the eleventh consecutive year, Primerica Shareholder Services was recognized by independent ratings firm Dalbar for achieving the highest standards in customer satisfaction. Read the press release.
Tags: awards, DALBAR, Primerica, Primerica Shareholder Services
Posted in Company |
Primerica veterans Gordy & Brenda Bohannon, of Hiawatha, IA, were recently thrilled to be present when their middle son, Zach, and his university basketball team were invited to open the Toronto Stock Exchange.
“Our university basketball team had a trip planned to Ottawa and Toronto to compete against some international competition in August 2013,” reports Zach. “Before we left Canada to return home, the CEO of the Toronto Stock Exchange – who graduated in the same class as my dad – called my school’s basketball office to offer the team the chance to open the exchange.”
Gordy proudly continues, “We spent almost an hour with the CEO after the open, talking. It was such a surprise learning we graduated at the same time. When he found out that Zach has an economics degree, a Masters in communication and that he is working on his MBA in investment banking, he offered him an internship! After talking to our Primerica kid, that CEO was blown away by my son’s communication and leadership skills!”
Growing up “Primerica” has its advantages. Experiencing the positive, encouraging atmosphere of a Primerica entrepreneur’s office and witnessing the proven success of the Primerica system often helps kids adopt the strong work ethic and leadership skills of their parents – like the Bohannon family is enjoying. Start your own family legacy of leadership and success as a Primerica entrepreneur!
Tags: basketball, bohannon, canada, exchange, finance, personal, Primerica, stock, toronto
Posted in Primerica |
In early February, Mitchell & Jillce Stevens, of Dallas, TX, were on the way to the Boca Raton Resort & Club to celebrate their $200,000 Primerica income achievement during an incentive trip they had qualified for, when the unthinkable happened.*
The Stevens family was on the plane, waiting for their delayed flight to push back from the terminal when Mitchell suddenly had a life-threatening medical emergency. Mitchell says the events that followed can only be referred to as a miracle because the right people were in the right place at exactly the right time to give him the help he needed to survive. Click here to watch the story their local TV station produced about the event.
Tags: emergency, flight, medical, miracle, otc, Primerica, stevens
Posted in Primerica |
On May 31, 2013, Primerica crossed the $15 billion marker in claims paid to families by its life companies in the U.S. and Canada.
That’s $15 billion that kept families in their homes, put food on tables, sent kids to school – and so much more. That’s $15 billion that kept families together and brought peace of mind. At Primerica, we do what’s right!
Tags: $15 billion, canada, claims, life insurance, paid, Primerica, U.S.
Posted in Company, Primerica |