In addition to their stellar personal service efforts, Primerica Home Office workers participate in the Gwinnett County, GA, Great Day of Service every year. At the end of October, a team of workers volunteered at the Lawrenceville Housing Authority, an organization that offers affordable rental units to low-income families. At the Rich Martin Property, employees installed 78 pairs of shutters on the units, pressured washed homes, planted more than 100 shrubs, built a pergola for the playground area and repaired two retaining walls.
“The Great Days of Service project is special to Primerica volunteers,” says Laura Gibbs, AVP of Community Service. “We completed all of our projects, and it was due to the enthusiasm and take-charge attitude of our volunteers.”
Karen Fine, Primerica EVP and Chief Human Resources Officer enthused, “I was so proud of our team and the effort they put forth to upgrade and beautify the residents’ homes.”
Tags: Community, Great Days of Service, gwinnett, service
Posted in: Community, Primerica
20 Inexpensive Ways to “Fall” into Fun
The days are getting shorter. The weather is becoming cooler. Leaves are turning and peak holiday season is right around the corner. The fall season is made for family fun—and it can be easy on the wallet, too! Check out these 20 cheap ideas to have fun this fall:
- Visit an apple orchard. It’s apple season and that means it’s a perfect opportunity to get some fresh air and pick some apples! Find an orchard near you, gather a bushel and try out some yummy apple recipes. Caramel apples, anyone?
- Frolic in the fall leaves! The leaves are turning (and falling!) so make raking in the leaves a fun event for you and your family by playing in a pile of leaves. Sometimes good old fashioned fun is the best of all!
- Have a pumpkin-carving contest. Gather family and friends and get to carving. You can have various categories like spookiest, best design … you name it! Tell your guests to BYOP (bring your own pumpkin!) and all you need are some carving utensils and newspaper.
- Get a head start on your Christmas photo. Fall is a perfect backdrop for a cozy Christmas photo opp. Get a friend to take the picture and have fun posing!
- Make a Halloween or fall festival costume. Sure, you could pay big bucks at the store, but odds are you have the makings of a costume in your closet already! Check out Pinterest for ideas and stop by the dollar store or Goodwill for the extras.
- Go to a pumpkin patch or corn maze. For just a few bucks, you could have a fun family outing. Check your local listings for a pumpkin patch or corn maze near you… and don’t forget about the hayride!
- Be thankful. Fall is a time for family and giving thanks. Who do you want to give thanks to? Write a quick letter or make a card to let them know you care.
- Play at the park. Whether you’re flying a kite or getting up a game of flag football, fall is the perfect time to have some good — FREE — fun!
- Pick pine cones. Create a beautiful and natural display with handpicked pine cones! Spritz some festive essential oils on them or toss in some cinnamon sticks for a wonderful holiday smell.
- Show Betty Crocker who’s boss. Tis the season for baked goods! Try out some new recipes and smother your loved ones in home-baked goodness!
- Have a cozy movie day. Gather your family, put on your pajamas and make some popcorn! Movie day is a great, inexpensive way to spend quality time together the whole family will enjoy.
- Take a hike! It’s the perfect way to get exercise and “ooh and aah” over the changing of the leaves.
- Collect or donate food to your local food bank. Part of being grateful for everything you have is giving to those who aren’t as fortunate. Grab a few extra staples at the store or clean out your pantry and offer it to someone in need.
- Purge before the holiday surge. The holidays—and gift-giving season—are right around the corner. Now is the optimal time to clean out toy boxes and closets. Take your items to a donation center so that others can use them.
- Make a wreath. Add a little something special to your door and adorn it with an inexpensive homemade wreath! Whether you choose fresh foliage from the great outdoors or silk flowers and ribbon from a craft store, there are tons of curated ideas to choose from online!
- Get a jump start on homemade holiday gifts. Whether you’re knitting a scarf or decorating ornaments, fall is the best time to get your craft on!
- Host a chili cook-off. Nothing says fall like a big bowl of chili! Have your friends over and sample different recipes!
- Create a thankful tree. Cut out some tags or pieces of paper. Ask your friends or family to write down what they’re thankful for. Hole-punch one end, tie a loop of ribbon at the end and place it on a tree or plant.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Fall is a great time to be outdoors. Up the fun factor even more by creating a nature scavenger hunt!
- Have a soup swap. Invite friends and family over for a soup swap. Each person brings 4-6 pints of soup, made from their favorite recipe, with a recipe card attached. Everyone swaps soup and takes it home to their freezer. Not only is this a great way to stock up, but you’ll also have new soup recipes for the ones you really like!
It’s easy to have fun without breaking the bank.
Focus on the things that made your childhood special and pass them on. Create new traditions and memories. No matter how you spend the time, you can definitely Fall into fun this season!
Tags: Apple, bake, budget, fall, festival, give, halloween, holiday, leaves, play, pumpkin, thanks, thanksgiving
Posted in: Primerica, Tips
The 2014 Women In Primerica Leadership Conference was held September 12-14, 2014, at the Anaheim Hilton in sunny Anaheim, CA. This “Fame and Fortune” themed event was open to all life-licensed female leaders in Primerica and was designed to inspire, motivate and empower women to return home and grow their businesses.
Women came from all over North America to attend this biennial event. It began with a special invitation-only leadership session on Friday afternoon, continued with a powerful lineup of speakers all day Saturday and culminated with a show-stopping session on Sunday morning.
In addition to the incredible speeches from top female leadership, attendees were treated to delicious food, posh accommodations, recognition, plenty of networking and one-on-one time with top leaders, and a “Hollywood” gala event to remember. Check out these fun photos from the event!
Posted in: Primerica, Representatives
With change in the air, fall is the perfect time to reset your finances. Here are a few goals to help you finish 2014 strong financially.
#1 Get organized. Did you know that being disorganized can hurt your budget—and even your credit? Review your monthly bills and budget, and be sure you are keeping track of when payments are due. A missed payment can do some serious damage to your credit score.
#2 Adjust your plan if necessary. Remember the financial goals that you set back in January? Are you still on track to reach them? If not, there is still time! For example, if you are far from hitting your retirement savings goal for the year, adjust your monthly contribution so you will reach it. If your goal seems unattainable, try breaking it down into smaller goals—like increasing your contributions 5% per month.
#3 Check your debt. Make a list of all your debts and add them up, including interest rates. Do you have a plan to attack the debt? To get the most bang for your debt-reduction buck, start by paying off the highest interest rate card first. And make sure your emergency fund has enough to cover three to six months’ expenses.
Are your finances in focus? It’s never too late to reevaluate and make sure you are heading in the right direction.
Posted in: Primerica
From December 2013 through May 2014, Primerica leaders competed to earn their place among the best of the best during the “California Dreaming” incentive trip competition. These incredible opportunities give top leaders, and hot up-and-comers who qualify, the chance to experience a taste of the lifestyle they can create when they help more families and build strong businesses!
In August, three phases of qualifiers jetted to sunny Southern California for a sweet retreat at the posh La Costa Resort & Spa in Carlsbad, CA. It was a time of rejuvenation, relaxation and renewal as attendees enjoyed A-List treatment – fine dining, elegant accommodations, business-boosting sessions, one-on-one time with top leaders, and plenty of networking opportunities.
Check out these photos from the August 12-15, 2014, August 15-18, 2014, and August 18-21, 2014 events.
Posted in: Company, Primerica, Representatives